following back everyone until i find a tumblr gf♡
1. Learn to love sleeping along. You might not always have someone to hold you in their arms. Wrap your arms around yourself and feel safe. You are your own home, no one else is.
2. If you want to sleep in, sleep in. If you want to wake up with the sun, wake up with the sun. If you want to spend the whole day in bed, you can. Don’t waste your life asleep, but don’t let anyone make you feel bad for being rested and spending a day doing nothing.
3. Stop associating food with guilt. Eat what makes you happy, eat what tastes good, eat when you’re hungry, and don’t apologize for it. Eat the damn cake.
4. Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for the way you feel. Your feelings are valid simply because you feel them.
5. Let go of hate. Hatred resides in you like a rock sitting at the bottom of your stomach. You have to carry it around and feel its weight all the time. Let it go and see how much lighter you feel.
6. Just because you don’t talk to someone every minute of every day does not mean that you aren’t loved or cared about by this person. Relying on someone’s constant attention is toxic. Don’t mistake codependency for love.
7. Don’t drink to forget. I promise it never works. You might forget everything else, but you’ll always be left with the one thing you wanted to forget in the first place.
8. Do things for the right reasons. Be kind for the sake of being a kind person, not so people will think you are a kind person. Follow this rule in all things.
9. If they fuck someone else, you walk out the damn door. Do not make excuses for someone who does not value you.
10. It is okay to be single. Completely single. Without anyone you text when you’re lonely or who tells you you’re beautiful or even someone to flirt with. You have yourself, and often this is the only person you’ll have, so learn to be complete with just your company.
11. Just because it won’t make you a lot of money doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pursue it.
12. Work hard at what you love. Pursue it wholly. If you want to spend your life doing what you love, you better be damn good at it, so work your ass off for it.
13. Write things down all the time. Even if they seem insignificant. In 20 years you’ll thank yourself.
14. Think long term. In five years, will what you’re investing your time and energy in still be important to you? Will it still matter? Are the people you’re with the most the same people you want to grow old around? If the answer is no, make changes. Be better, do better, embrace change.—things i am still learning - A.S (via narcol-ptic)
These are some of them, most were golden retrivers and labradors, but also included german shepherds and other breeds. Sadly most are dead now, while many people forget them and don’t spare them a thought.
As people lay dying, trapped and hurt, a team of nearly 100 loyal and courageous search dogs put their lives on the line to help humans. Without them, many more would not have survived, yet few people consider them.
In such a chaotic, terrifying, hot, acrid-smelling, smokey and loud environment, countless human lives depended on their ability to focus, listen, respond to their handlers, and work tirelessly. Stepping over cracked glass, hot tarmac, through flames and thick smoke, being winched over deep ravines, they battled on to seek out survivors and bring them aid.
They worked around the clock, day and night, searching, sniffing, over and over. Not only did they search, but they comforted - many eyewitnesses speak of how the dogs would stop and sit by newly-recovered victims, giving them a sense of hope and relief, before moving on to look for the next. As the situation became desperate, and the rescue workers and fire teams became utterly distraught at the amount of people who were recovered dead, these dogs brought them comfort, sitting with them on breaks, letting them grieve.
Many of these dogs are old, and have passed away. Let us remember the courage and loyalty they showed at such a horrendous event. They didn’t have a choice, but nonetheless they did what was asked of them and helped save countless lives. Don’t let their bravery be forgotten today either, or their determination to be a ‘good dog’ despite the scary and dangerous environment around them.
I WAS TRYING TO BE CUTE THEN I LOOKED AT THE WAll LL AND THERE WAS A GIANT FUckING SPIDER ANndso OH MY GOd IT WAS TERRRIFYING
a RRE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS THIS HAS OVER A THOUSAND nOTES???? WHy
THIS IS THE FACE OF TRUE FUCKING TERROR
Omg I’m crying
me to every single person i meet
i just want us to talk again
Times Square from above.